Connectivity issues can occur if your device is not receiving the strong internet connection required to run the Invoice2go app smoothly. Some issues that arise from a weak connection include:
- Trouble syncing information
- Pending documents
- A spinning, loading circle when attempting to access different screens
When an invoice is flagged as "pending”, this means it is currently saved only on your device, and has not yet been saved to our servers. This usually occurs due to internet connection issues at the time the invoice was created. You can usually solve this issue by ensuring that you are on a strong internet connection, opening the invoice, tapping Edit, then tapping Save.
Because the Invoice2go program is cloud based, you do need a strong internet connection at all times to allow the app to sync. If you are like most of us, you might leave your device on all the time; this can cause data connection decline. We recommend that you power down your phone and power back up (turn it off and on) on a regular basis to establish a new internet connection.
If your documents are still pending after these steps, here is a workaround to save your invoice and remove the pending one:
- Open the pending invoice
- Tap on Copy
- Select Invoice as the document type and tap Copy again
- Once saved you'll see two copies of this invoice, the original pending document, and a new one that should be saved
- You can then swipe right to left on the pending invoice and tap Delete to delete it from your app
We have seen that in some accounts, the document logo settings can cause issues with syncing on multiple devices. If you have a logo uploaded to your invoices, and are experiencing syncing issues, one suggestion that may work to resolve these issues is to go into your Invoice2go settings and ensure that the alignment and size options are checked.
- Login to your Invoice2go account from a computer, at invoice.2go.com
- Click on Settings from the left side menu
- Below Customize Invoice, click on Design
- Click on Logo
- Click on Position
- Make sure that options in both Alignment and Size are selected (green check marks will be next to the option)
- Click Save Design
This is just a suggested tip, so while it's not guaranteed to work, often this does solve some logo corruption issues and should improve your future document syncing experience.
On Android devices, your app cache can be cleared, which can also improve the performance of your app experience. App cache stored over time can sometimes cause crashing and lag issues.
To clear your app cache:
- Go to your Android device Settings menu
- Find Applications/App Manager
- Locate the Invoice2go app
- Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available