Connectivity issues can occur if your device is not receiving the strong internet connection required to run the Invoice2go app smoothly. Some issues that arise from a weak connection include:
- trouble syncing information
- pending documents
- a spinning, loading circle when attempting to access different screens
When an invoice is flagged as "pending”, this means it is currently saved only on your device, and has not yet been saved to our servers. This usually occurs due to internet connection issues at the time the invoice was created. You can usually solve this issue by ensuring that you are on a strong internet connection, opening the invoice, tapping Edit, then tapping Save.
Because the Invoice2go program is cloud based, you do need a strong internet connection at all times to allow the app to sync. If you are like most of us, you might leave your device on all the time; this can cause data connection decline. We recommend that you power down your phone and power back up (turn it off and on) on a regular basis to establish a new internet connection.
If your documents are still pending after these steps, here is a workaround to save your invoice and remove the pending one:
- Open the pending invoice
- Tap on the ⋮ button in the lower right corner
- Select Copy to…
- Copy the invoice to another invoice and tap Copy
- Once saved you'll see two copies of this invoice, the original pending document, and a new one that should be saved
- You can then swipe left on the pending invoice to delete it from your app
We have seen that in some accounts, the document logo settings can cause issues with syncing on multiple devices. If you have a logo uploaded to your invoices, and are experiencing syncing issues, one suggestion that may work to resolve these issues is to go into your Invoice2go settings and ensuring that the alignment and size options are checked.
- Login to your Invoice2go account from a computer, at invoice2go.com
- Open your Invoice2go Settings from the left side menu
- Go to Customize Invoice > Options
- Click on Logo
- Click on Position
- Make sure that options in both Alignment and Size are selected (green check mark next to the option)
- Click Save Design
This is just a suggested tip, so while it's not guaranteed to work, often this does solve some logo corruption issues and should improve your future document syncing experience.
One recommended troubleshooting tip to reduce connectivity issues for your iOS device is to ensure that your location services are enabled for the Invoice2go app. Enabling location services allows your app to continuously sync to our servers, ensuring the best app experience.
To enable your location services,
- Go to your iOS device settings
- Tap on Privacy
- Tap on Location Settings
- Ensure that Invoice2go is set to ALWAYS
Additional steps to check that your Invoice2go app is perform at its optimum are to:
- Make sure your device is on a strong internet connection when using the app
- Occasionally power off your device and power it back on to refresh internet connectivity
On Android devices, your app cache can be cleared, which can also improve the performance of your app experience. App cache stored over time can sometimes cause crashing and lag issues.
To clear your app cache:
- Go to your Android device Settings menu
- Find Applications/App Manager
- Locate the Invoice2go app
- Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available