You can now send your invoice through the Invoice2go app via SMS, iMessage, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp — this feature will allow your clients to respond, view, and pay your invoices faster, while allowing you to manage your business more effectively.
You can send your clients invoices by directly texting them through an available messaging app on your device. This action is possible from the invoice preview screen, which has a “chat bubble” button, which indicates the action to send an invoice through text messaging.
The following steps walk you through how to send your invoice through text. Please note that this feature is available for invoices only for now, but will expand to include other document types in the future.
Please note that you can still send an invoice through email or by snail mail.
iOS and Android
- From the side navigation menu, tap on Invoices
- Open the invoice you wish to send, or create a new invoice
- Tap on the messaging (chat bubble) icon
- The action box will display your device’s apps that support messaging
- Tap on the app you wish to use
- The message will pre-populate with a link to view your invoice
- After you send the message, the end client can tap on the link to pay the invoice through a secure payment portal
Sending invoices via messaging is enabled for iOS and Android 10.19.0 or higher. If you are unable to access payments on your mobile device, update to the latest version of Invoice2go on the App Store (iPhone and iPad) or Google Play Store (Android). The app version number is found at the bottom of the settings section within the Invoice2go app.