Your default settings for payment reminders are automatically set to ON. This means that whenever you create an invoice, we automatically send email reminders to your customers to let them know when their payments are coming up, due, or past due.
Data shows that our customers who have their payment reminders turned ON get paid faster and have fewer unpaid invoices. That’s why we recommend that you keep this setting as is.
With your existing settings, we’ll automatically send reminders to your clients 3 days before, on the due date, and 3 and 7 days after an invoice is due if payment has not yet been received.
You can change the frequency of your payment reminders or turn them OFF at any time. Here’s how:
- Under Settings, click on Client communication
- Turn Payment Reminders on or off
- Select the schedule you’d like for your reminders
You can also turn payment reminders off for specific invoices if you do not want them to send to particular customers. Here’s how:
- Go to Invoice Edit screen
- Scroll down to Payment Reminders
- Toggle Payment Reminders off