If you are experiencing difficulties with sending your invoice through email, you will want to make sure that the Invoice2go app is set up and correctly linked to the email app on your device.
To check your app setup and email functionality:
- Open your iOS device Settings app
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and verify that your email account is on the list
- If it is, tap your email and verify that the email switch is On
- If it is not, tap Add Account and add your email to the list. Make sure the switch is On
- If you have multiple email accounts, check which one is set as your Default Account under Contacts
- Next, open the Mail app (not Gmail or Yahoo mail app) on your iOS device
- It has a blue background and white envelope:
- On the current version of our app, Invoice2go is compatible with the Gmail app, Yahoo Mail app, and more. If you are not using the default iOS Mail app, you should try the steps below for your default email app. If you still experience issues, we recommend you download the Mail app from your iTunes App Store.
- Verify that all emails are up to date, and that you are able to receive a test email you send yourself through this app
- If you wish to use another email app as your default email, first ensure that your Invoice2go app is fully updated to the latest version, then try the same suggested steps
If you have recently updated to iOS 11, the Apple update has changed some default settings. Because each device's configuration may be different, depending on the model of device you are using, you will want to go through each step to check your device's settings.
Background App Refresh:
- Tap Invoice2go
- Ensure Background App Refresh is enabled
- Tap Accounts and Passwords
- Tap on your default email address
- Enable Mail and Contacts
Here are a few more helpful tips:
- Ensure that the invoice isn't going to a Junk or Spam folder by recommending your clients to add your email address, as well as our server address firstname.lastname@example.org , to their recognized senders list
- Make sure the client's email address entered accurately, without any typos
- Try sending yourself a test invoice by adding your own email address to the Send To field. Are you able to receive the invoice?
- Make sure your Invoice2go app and your email app are both fully updated to the latest versions