For the past year we’ve been working behind the scenes to re-build Invoice2go. Our stronger foundation supports a faster, easier to use and more reliable experience for small business owners. And though we’re offering something new, we still have the same goal: to take the pain out of invoicing so you can focus on what matters most – running and growing your business.
We know you may have some questions around the update, so we’ve put together some FAQs to provide you with more information.
What is the improved Invoice2go?
We’re completely rebuilding the original Invoice2go experience to make the product faster, easier to use and more reliable.
What exactly is changing?
The refreshed app will have a new design and streamlined layout to improve navigation, which will make completing your daily tasks even easier.
Additionally, we’ve upgraded everything behind the scenes, including enhancing the Invoice2go platform to increase reliability around the clock. This means you’ll have access to your information across all of your devices, whenever you need it.
There will also be a new invoice designer, the ability to preview your invoices and any changes you make in real-time, as well as significant improvements to the way you upload and attach images to your invoice – this will make it much easier to show off your work in-progress or the finished product.
Rebuilding Invoice2go means simplifying and sometimes removing features customers use less frequently. This is so we can focus on features that you tell us offer you more value. For example, as part of the transition to the new Invoice2go, we’ll be updating the invoice templates we offer to a range that are optimized for better performance. If you are using one of our older templates, you may have to make some additional changes to get yourself set up on the new templates. It can mean that a little bit of extra work is required when you decide to update to the new version of Invoice2go, but in the long run the improved templates are going to help you get paid faster by offering a quicker and more reliable Invoice2go experience.
Rest assured that if you are affected by any of our feature changes, we’ll reach out ahead of the release to ensure you are well prepared for the update – keep an eye out for emails from us.
Tell me more about the improvements you are making to the app
- Automatic syncing across all devices: With automatic syncing you’ll have an accurate view of all of your data, regardless of whether you use your computer, smartphone or tablet. We’ve also invested in new technology to ensure that you’ll have increased reliability around the clock.
- User-friendly, simplified design: With a fresh look and streamlined layout it will be even easier for you to complete your daily tasks: like creating invoices, managing client and product information, tracking expenses, exporting reports and most importantly, getting paid faster.
- Fast and accurate previews: How your invoice looks is as important to you as it is to customers. That’s why we want to give you a fast and accurate preview of your invoice. See any edit you make in real-time and make key decisions before you pass it along to the customer.
- Updates without downtime: New technology means we’ll be able to roll out future updates and features faster than ever before, which means you can rest assured that you’re using the best invoicing product available.
Why are we doing this?
Our goal is to provide you with the best mobile invoicing app possible. Upgrading our technology platform means we’re able to roll out future updates and features faster than ever and that the app will be more reliable across all devices.
How will it affect me?
For most of our customers, updating to the improved version of Invoice2go will be as simple as updating your app in either the iOS or Android app stores. Or if your devices have “auto-update” enabled, your Invoice2go app will update automatically when the new version is released.
That said, there will be a few customers who will need to take additional steps before updating the app. For example, you may need to update to the latest operating system on your device. Don’t worry, we’ll keep you posted on these special situations ahead of time so you’ll know what to do – keep an eye out for emails from us that will include any additional steps to take.
Do I have to update to the new Invoice2go?
Eventually all of our customers will need to update to the new Invoice2go. At first, however, you won’t need to update your app right away.
Keep in mind the new Invoice2go app will ultimately be a better experience for you: faster, easier to use and more reliable. For most people, the update only takes a minute and should not interrupt your day-to-day business flow. For our customers that use some of our highly customized features, it may take some extra time to get set-up on the new version of Invoice2go. If this is the case, we’ll reach out ahead of the release to ensure you are well prepared for the update.
If you don’t want to update to the new version on launch day, skip any update prompts and make sure you turn off the Automatic Software Update setting on your mobile devices. If you are using the latest version of our web app, you will automatically be migrated across to the new Invoice2go experience on launch day.
Can I continue to use my current Invoice2go product?
Yes. We will keep supporting the current Invoice2go app for the time being. If you don’t want to update to the new version, skip any update prompts and make sure you turn off the Automatic Software Update setting on your mobile devices.
Updating any one of your devices, will initiate the update for your entire account and once you update to the new version of Invoice2go, you will not be able to downgrade to an older version.
What happens if I don’t update?
Nothing. If you have switched off the Automatic Software Update on all of your devices and choose not to update your Invoice2go app right away, you can continue to use your current version.
The new Invoice2go app will ultimately be a better experience for you: faster, easier to use and more reliable. The update only takes a minute and should not interrupt your day-to-day business flow. In the future, we will stop supporting the old Invoice2go app and will transition all of our engineering efforts to focus on the new and improved app.
What operating system does the new Invoice2go support?
For Apple users: iOS 9 and higher.
For Android users: Android API level 16 and higher (includes Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat).
Click here to see what operating system your device is currently running.
What happens if my device is not supported?
In order to use the new version of Invoice2go, you will need to move to a mobile device that is able to run a supported Operating System. If you are unable to do this, you will always be able to continue using Invoice2go on your desktop computer.
I use Invoice2go on multiple devices. How is the update going to affect me?
Let’s say you use Invoice2go on both a phone and a tablet. Once you update to the new Invoice2go on your phone, you will no longer be able to use the old version of the app on your tablet – when you try to use it, you will be prompted to update your tablet to the new Invoice2go.
If you don’t want to update to the new version on launch day, skip any update prompts and make sure you turn off the Automatic Software Update setting across all of your devices.
I have added users to my Invoice2go account. What happens if one of us updates to the new Invoice2go and the other doesn’t?
Once one of your added users updates to the new Invoice2go app, all users on the account that haven’t updated their app won’t be able to login and use the app until they update. If you don’t want to update to the new Invoice2go right away, make sure you tell all of your added users to turn off “auto-update” and to not manually update to the new app once it is released.
Do I need to do anything to get ready for the new Invoice2go?
There are a few things that will help make your transition to the new app an easy one:
- Make sure you log out of the app and record your password before updating. You’ll need your password to log back in once you’ve downloaded the update.
- If you use Invoice2go on multiple devices, it’s important to note that once you update the app on one device, you’ll need to update the app across all of your devices before you can log back in and use the app again.
- Once one of your added users updates to the new Invoice2go app, all users on the account will need to update to the new version before anyone can log back in and use the app again
- Make sure you are using the most up-to-date operating system on your device. Click here to double-check your operating system.
- If you don’t want to update to the new version on launch day, skip any update prompts and make sure you turn off the Automatic Software Update setting on your mobile devices. Click here to see how to disable auto-update on your device. If you are using the latest version of our web app, you will automatically be migrated across to the new Invoice2go experience on launch day.
Once I update can I go back to the old Invoice2go?
Updating any one of your devices will initiate the update for your entire account and once you update to the new version of Invoice2go, you will not be able to downgrade to an older version. All of your data will be migrated across to the new platform.
How can I be assured that my data is safe during the update?
Your data will continue to be stored safely throughout the transition to the improved Invoice2go, and beyond. Your personal details such as company information, client list and product list will be automatically available and ready to be used once you update to the new version.
I’m excited! Can I have early access?
If you’d like to get an early preview of the app and help determine the direction of Invoice2go, let us know and we’ll be in touch if you are eligible to join our beta program.
As we get closer to launch we’ll update you on the details. And when launch day comes, we’ll help you make a seamless transition so you can keep your business running smoothly.