How do I connect Invoice2go to my Xero account?
Follow the steps below to link your account:
1. You need to be on a desktop or laptop computer to connect your Xero account with Invoice2go. You only need to do this once.
2. After this, any time you send an invoice from any of your devices, mobile, tablet or desktop, it will be synced to your Xero account.
3. Click into Settings, and scroll down to Connect with Xero. Then tap on Connect with Xero. Log in with your Xero credentials, pick your organization and choose Allow Access. For more information related to what data is shared, reference the following help center article.
- Step 1 - Choose which revenue account in Xero you’d like your invoices to be sent to.
Here you also have the option to automatically export your invoices to Xero when they’re sent. If this is on, every invoice that you send from now on will be represented in your Xero account.
- Step 2 - Confirm your tax settings.
The taxes you use in Invoice2go should match the taxes you use in Xero. If they don’t, you’ll have to update your taxes in either Invoice2go or Xero so they do match before linking your accounts.
- Step 3 - Ensure that the currency you use in Invoice2go, and the currency that you use in Xero match.
The currency you use in Invoice2go should match the taxes you use in Xero. If they don’t, you’ll have to update your currency in either Invoice2go or Xero so they do match before linking your accounts.
5. Double check your set up to ensure your default revenue account, taxes, and currency have been entered properly. When you're happy, click on Complete at the top of the page. Now that you're set up, every single invoice that you send (from mobile & web) will automatically copy into your Xero account.
Please note: You can go back after completing initial setup and edit your settings at any time by navigating to Settings>Xero.
Why was my Xero account disconnected from Invoice2go?
In order for the integration to work properly, you must have completed the initial setup steps (above) and ensured your Invoice2go and Xero taxes and currencies match. If these do not match, you may experience an error. Once your accounts have been successfully linked, you should be able to navigate to Settings>Connected Apps in Xero and see Invoice2go listed.
- You can manually unlink your Xero account from Invoice2go by navigating to Settings>Xero and choosing Unlink Xero from the top right hand corner.
- You can manually unlink your Invoice2go account from Xero by navigating to Settings>Connected Apps in Xero and choosing Disconnect App.
Please note: You will receive an email from Invoice2go when your account has been disconnected. You can reconnect your Xero account at any time by completing the steps outlined in this article.