Making Tax Digital is an initiative designed to eliminate the manual submission of tax returns. The primary goal is to make tax administration more efficient for taxpayers by implementing a fully digitized tax system. All VAT-registered businesses with a taxable turnover above £85,000 are required to keep digital financial records and send returns using MTD-compatible software.
Invoice2go has added MTD compatible versions of the Sales and Expense reports in the reporting feature of our app for UK customers. These reports will contain additional columns to provide UK customers with the data they need to file their tax returns. Note this feature is only available to UK customers.
You can find the MTD compatible reports with the following steps:
iOS and Android
- Tap on More
- Tap on Reports
- Tap on Report list in the top right corner
- Select Sales (Making Tax Digital compatible) or Expenses (Making Tax Digital compatible)
- On the side menu, click on Reports
- At the top of your reports dashboard, click Report list
- On the Report types dropdown, select Sales (Making Tax Digital compatible) or Expenses (Making Tax Digital compatible)