With Invoice2go Siri shortcuts and iOS 14 widgets, you can stay up to date on your business without even opening the Invoice2go app.
What is a widget?
iOS 14 home screen widgets are designed to show dynamic data from apps right on your home screen. This allows you to see at a glance up-to-date data and take action right from the home screen. With Invoice2go widgets, you are now able to see a list of outstanding invoices on your device's home screen, and with the tap of a button, can be taken inside the Invoice2go app to follow up on that outstanding invoice. We’ve also added the ability to see your most recent customer reviews.
How to create a widget
- On your iOS device, open the home screen and swipe as far left as you can. This is where widgets are housed
- On the very bottom of the screen, tap Edit
- Tap on the + sign in the top left corner
- Scroll down and tap Invoice2go
- Choose your preferred widget size and tap + Add Widget
Please note, the default Invoice2go iOS widget is for outstanding invoices. You can change this to your most recent customer reviews with the following steps.
After you've added the Invoice2go widget, place a finger on it without lifting up. Once it's frozen, refer to the following steps,
- Tap Edit Widget
- Tap Outstanding invoices
- Tap Top reviews
The widget will now show company reviews. Tapping on one of them will take you to the reviews section of the app.
What is a Siri Shortcut?
When you have your hands busy, you are now able to talk to Apple’s Siri voice assistant to trigger shortcuts. This way, instead of needing to log in to the app and go to a specific section, you can ask Siri to launch it for you and she will take you directly to that section of the app.
How to enable Siri Shortcuts
- Tap the Profile icon in the top right corner of the home screen
- Tap Siri Shortcuts
- Choose which section you would like to create a Siri shortcut for (invoices, estimates, expenses, appointments, reports, or time tracking)
- Add your Siri phrase below, "When I say"
- For example, if you are creating a shortcut for reports, you may have your phrase be, "View Reports"
- Tap Save Shortcut
Now, when you activate Siri and say your phrase, you will be brought to that section of the app. For example, if you create a shortcut for invoices called "Create an invoice," you can say that to Siri and she will automatically take you to the invoice creation page. You don't need to log in to the app manually and go to the invoices section.
Widgets require iOS 14 or later. Siri shortcuts require iOS 12 or later.