Updated as of November 15, 2017
We recently updated Invoice2go and received a lot of insightful customer feedback. Based on that feedback, we've already completed and released updates to the new app and are working to release another range of improvements that will be coming out soon.
Please make sure that your app is updated to the most recent Invoice2go version so you have access to all the latest features and bug fixes.
- iPhone X: Increased compatibility and layout enhancements for iPhone X
We are working as fast as we can to roll these features out to you and you’ll see them appear in the coming weeks.
- New ways to communicate with your customers: We’re incorporating messaging into the Invoice2go experience so you can send invoices and estimates any way you like— SMS, iMessage, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, email or snail mail. This will give you more options to communicate with your customers in the way you find easiest, and most importantly – in the way they want to communicate with you.
- More ways to get paid faster: We're adding our first mobile point-of-sale feature in the coming months. What this means, is that you’ll be able to accept payments on-the-spot, wherever you are. Thanks to a new partnership with a leading online payment service, you’ll be able to accept credit cards anywhere you are—without ever leaving the app.
- Tablet and preview: design improvements are coming soon, including the ability to preview in landscape.
OTHER LIVE IMPROVEMENTS
- Better customer management: We’ll also be introducing features that directly help manage your customer base. We plan to transform the client area within our app, populating it with rich and actionable information. Features in the client area include: a section for recent invoices and estimates to easily find and action invoices for a specific customer, a history of documents related to each customer, a special section for client-specific reporting, and a referral tracking area so you’ll know exactly where you got that client and you can properly track referrals. Read more about managing your client profile here.
- Client List Improvements: The Client list has been revamped to include the amount each client owes next to their name. Additionally, the client list can now be sorted by the amount owing so you can easily see who owes you money. Read more about sorting your clients lists here.
- Report Drilldowns: The colorful stacked bar graph has also been added to report drilldowns so you can now switch between table view and graph view for most reports.
- Home Screen Carousel: New to your home screen carousel and reports dashboard is the addition of a colorful stacked bar graph showing your Sales by Client. This graph identifies your top 5 clients and the percentage of business they equal.
- iOS OS System Support: Enhancements for iOS 11 and iPhone X support have also been added.
- Adding Clients to Invoices: There are now fewer steps to take in order to add clients and items to invoices. Additionally, optimizations have also been made to how you save items and clients when adding them to an invoice.
- Copying Document Tax: Now when you copy documents, you'll have the option to either apply your general tax settings, or carry across the tax you've set up on the original documents.
- Tax Calculations: How taxes are reflected on an invoice has also been updated. The total tax applied is calculated as a percentage of the subtotal and appears in your invoice summary. Click here to see a breakdown of the basic tax components of an invoice and how tax is calculated.
- Costs: The cost field has been reintroduced to the items list. When you create an item, you now have the ability to add a cost, along with your rate. The new cost amount will appear when you add an item to a purchase order, making it easier for you to manage pricing for your suppliers and customers separately.
- you now have the ability to take bulk actions on invoices, estimates, purchase orders and credit memos, such as marking multiple invoices as paid. As many as ten documents can be updated at a time.
- enhanced keyboard interactions have been added to simplify how you add clients and items. This significantly reduces the time it takes to enter and update information.
- you can now invoice faster with the addition of bulk selection of items and expenses. This gives you the ability to add multiple items and expenses to an invoice at once, making it quicker and easier to create and edit invoices.
- Additional quick actions have been added to lists. You can now copy an estimate to an invoice and mark an invoice as paid with a quick swipe left. One extra tap and you can email, print, add a transaction or open your document as a pdf for easy sharing (iOS only).
- You can now mark an invoice as paid by swiping right (Android only).
- Reports: report tables have been made even more interactive and now drill down to reveal extra info:
- Tap a client name for quick access to their details or to create a statement.
- Tap on an invoice in a report to view an instant preview.
- Tap on any summary report to see linked reports and a full data breakdown. No more having to launch separate reports one at a time.
- Invoice preview screen: the invoice 'Edit' and 'More options' features have been moved from the top right corner of the screen down to the bottom of the screen for easier access while previewing your invoice.
- Invoice statuses: you will see our invoice statuses updated so that unsent, sent and opened will be separated out from printed, overdue and paid.
- Home dashboard reports: from the home screen you can now view a sales and outstanding balances dashboard with charts, graphs and totals on web and mobile to help give you an instant view of your business performance.
- Report graphs: on the reports homescreen, your monthly and quarterly sales, and annual sales are now viewable in graphs and charts.
- Offline mode: you can now filter and sort your invoice lists while offline.
- Taxes: you can now add or change the tax rate on an invoice and apply it to all line items without needing to update the tax within settings.
- Unpaid total bug fix: the home screen totals for 'Unpaid' will now include 'unsent' invoices.
- Account management: for those who have multiple accounts, we are updating the company sign in experience where you select which company you want to sign into. Along with your company name, you will see your account plan, account status and account expiration date. This will help you make sure you are always signing into the right account.
- Bas2go: for those of you who used BAS2go, you are now able to generate this information as a report. While it won’t be in the ‘app’ form like the old app, you will be able to see the same data for the reporting period you select. The new BAS report is now available in the app along with all other reports.
- Calendar2go: for those customers using Calendar2go, we have extracted all your historical data and emailed this to you. We know this isn’t the same as having appointment and time tracking capability back in the app, and we’re working on that too. More to come in future updates.
- Creating statements: Client statements can be created by opening your client list, selecting a client, and choosing 'Create a statement'. You’ll have the option to choose between sending your customers statements with all invoices associated with them, or just the unpaid ones.
- Managing expenses: you can now sort expenses by category and date in both ascending and descending order as well as view totals for your expense list.
- Organizing your documents and easier list management: you can now view all unpaid invoices in a single list — the unsent and sent tabs are now collapsed into a single unpaid tab. Also you can filter invoices, estimates, purchase orders and credit memos by year, view totals, sort by client, and sort lists in both directions (ascending and descending).
- PayPal Express Checkout: all countries now have the ability to enable PayPal as a payment option.
- Printing and PDFs: you will now see more consistency between invoice previews and PDFs and printed invoices. This will fix the majority of cases where invoices previewed as one page but generated a two page PDF. Further changes are coming to address the smaller number of remaining discrepancies.
- Reports: within the reports section you can now view your data in tables within the app without having to export. Additionally, a totals row has now been added to the bottom of each report to tally your data.
- Reordering items: you can now rearrange the order of items on all invoices, estimates, purchase orders and credit memos.
- Sign: you can now sign purchase orders and credit memos.
- Taxes: you now have the ability to define the property of a tax as inclusive or exclusive on an invoice and apply to all items.
Some customers were experiencing the following:
- UI improvements throughout the app to better accommodate more languages
- Expenses were not accurately reflected
- Decimal points were dropped when adding prices to items
- Issues around non-taxable items
- Not able to create client statements for fully paid invoice
- Not able to email client statements
- Contact details not showing when importing to client list
- Invoice tax breakdown miscalculation
- Purchase orders downloaded name incorrectly
- Payments details were removed from certain invoices
- Non-taxable item being marked when no tax was applied
- Unable to download PDF on Safari
- Autocomplete list always show prices in USD
- Mark as paid button does not work on web app
- Changes not saved when rearranging the items added to a document
- Reordering document item flickers back and forth