You can now send your invoice through the Invoice2go app via SMS, iMessage, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or any other messaging apps available on your device. This feature will allow your clients to respond, view, and pay your invoices faster, while allowing you to manage your business more effectively.
You can send your documents to your clients by directly texting them through an available messaging app on your device. This action is possible from the invoice preview screen. The “chat bubble” button, which indicates the action to send an invoice through text messaging.
The following steps walk you through how to send your invoice through text. This feature is available for all document types, including Invoices, Estimates, Credit Memos, and Purchase Orders.
Please note that you can still send an invoice through email or by snail mail.
iOS and Android
- From the side navigation menu, tap on Invoices
- Open the invoice you wish to send, or create a new invoice
- Tap on the messaging (chat bubble) icon
- The action box will display your device’s apps that support messaging
- Tap on the app you wish to use
- The message will pre-populate with a link to view your invoice
- After you send the message, the end client can tap on the link to pay the invoice through a secure payment portal
Users on the Pro Plan and above will be able to see the invoice messaging option on their Today home screen. To open the Today screen, tap on the box shaped icon on the top right hand corner of your Invoice2go app home screen. On the bottom of each invoice card, you will see the option to message your client.
Sending invoices via messaging is enabled for iOS and Android 10.19.0 or higher. If you are unable to access payments on your mobile device, update to the latest version of Invoice2go on the App Store (iPhone and iPad) or Google Play Store (Android). The app version number is found at the bottom of the settings section within the Invoice2go app.