How to detect unusual activity
For any online service you use, it’s important that you regularly monitor your account for unusual or suspicious activity. If you suspect someone else may be using your account, contact us and change your password immediately.
Types of suspicious account activity to monitor for:
- Unfamiliar changes and activity across your account, including but not limited to:
- Unfamiliar changes to your settings (this could include your company payment details, client communication preferences, account details, security settings, and more)
- Unfamiliar invoicing activity (invoices on your invoice list that you don’t recognize)
- Unfamiliar notifications (a notification about an activity that you don’t recognize)
For any changes you don’t recognize, correct the change immediately and get in touch with our customer success team for further information.
How to protect your account
There are a number of ways to protect yourself against common security issues and cyber attacks:
- Set strong, secure passwords. Avoid using common words, phrases, or personal information and update regularly.
- Ensure your password is unique. Don’t reuse your passwords for multiple sites or services.
- Avoid phishing scams. Be aware of suspicious emails and phone calls.
- Keep your software up to date. Always install the latest security updates for your devices.
- Be careful what you click. Avoid visiting unknown websites or downloading software from untrusted sources.
- Monitor your accounts for suspicious activity.
You can also use an identity monitoring service like the ones offered by Credit Karma and Have I Been Pwned. These sites will use your email address to determine if your personal information has been exposed, and what you can do about it.
Need more help?
If you have any questions or believe your account has been compromised, you can contact us using the link below.