You can issue card payment refunds at anytime. Depending on your customer’s bank, the refund will show up anywhere between 5-10 business days after the refund is issued. When you refund a charge, the fees you paid to process the charge cannot be returned.*
See this help article to read about the fees in your country.
iOS and Android
- Open the invoice from your Paid invoices folder
- Tap on View transaction history
- From the payment history, tap the card payment that you wish to refund
- Tap Refund
- Select Yes to confirm
- Open the invoice the payment was made on by going to your Paid invoices folder
- On the right side of the screen, under the balance, on click View Transaction History
- Find the payment you wish to refund. Click on the carrot arrow to the right of the payment, and choose Refund payment
- Click Yes when prompted to confirm the refund
- If your customer paid by card, do not give them a cash refund — this is a common fraud scenario.
- Refunds may appear in the form of a reversal. In the case of a reversal, the original payment will drop off of your customer's bank statement, and a separate credit is not issued.
- Refunds can't be cancelled. If you'd like to charge your customer for the amount that you have refunded, you can create a new charge for your customer.
*Note: This reflects changes to Stripe's policy that were enacted 9/14/2017. If set up Stripe through your Invoice2go account prior to 9/14/2017, the fees will be refunded in full — after charging and then completely refunding a payment, the net cost is zero. Additionally, prior to 9/14/2017, if you had a payment process through Stripe but did not complete underwriting for your account, the payment, including all fees, will be refunded to your client after 21 days.