Payment reminders help you get paid faster by sending automatic email reminders to let your customers know it's time to pay the invoices you've sent them.
The timing of your payment reminders can be managed within the Client communication section of your account settings.
If an invoice has not yet been fully paid, payment reminders will be sent to your clients,
- 3 days before the due date
- On the due date
- 3 days after the due date
- 7 days after the due date
Scheduled payment reminders will not be sent to your customer once an invoice has already been marked as fully paid, either manually or through the online payment options. Partial payments will not stop payment reminders from going out.
In order for any payment reminder to be successfully sent, you must provide a valid email address for your customer in the invoice. Once scheduled, all reminders will be emailed to your customers at 7 a.m. locally (your time zone).
To use payment reminders, you must have a Standard, Advanced, or Unlimited subscription plan. If you are on the Lite Plan, upgrade to use payment reminders.
iOS and Android
- Tap the Profile icon in the top right corner of the home screen
- Tap Client communication
- Tap Payment reminders
- Select the frequency you’d like for your payment reminders to be sent out, or toggle them off completely
- You can send yourself a preview of what your payment reminders will look like by tapping Send me a preview
- Tap the back arrow in the top left corner to save your changes
- Click on your Company name in the upper right corner
- Click on Account & settings
- Under Settings, click on Client communication
- Under Reminders, select the frequency you'd like for your payment reminders to be sent out, or toggle them off completely
- You can send yourself a preview of what your payment reminders will look like by clicking on Send me a preview
- Click on Save
Additionally, payment reminders can be toggled off for individual documents using the steps outlined in this article.