If you are experiencing difficulties with sending your invoices through email on your iOS device, you will want to make sure that the Invoice2go app is set up and correctly linked to the email app on your device.
Please note, when sending invoices through email on an iOS device, our system will use the default mail account on your device. You can change your default email address on your iOS device using the steps outlined in this article.
Check your app setup and email functionality
- Open your iOS device's Settings app
- Please note this is outside of the Invoice2go application.
- Tap Mail
- Tap Accounts
- Here you will see all of the accounts on your device. Please check to make sure the email you wish to send your invoices from is on this list. If it is not, you can use the steps outlined in this article to add a new account.
- Tap on the account you wish to use. Check to make sure that you are logged into the account, and that the Mail option is toggled on.
- It is possible you may have been accidentally logged out of your account. Logging back in should resolve your issue.
- If the issue persists, it is possible there is an issue with the mail app on your device (see logo below). Deleting and reinstalling the mail app may resolve the issue.
- Please note, deleting and reinstalling the mail app will require you to toggle on Mail for every account on your device using the above steps.
Here are a few more helpful tips
- Ensure that the invoice isn't going to a Junk or Spam folder by recommending your clients to add your email address to their recognized senders list.
- Make sure your client's email address is entered accurately, without any typos.
- Verify that all emails are up to date, and that you are able to receive a test email you send yourself through this app. Try sending yourself a test invoice by adding your own email address to the Send To field.
- Make sure your Invoice2go app and your email app are both fully updated to the latest versions.
- Enable Background App Refresh for the Invoice2go app to allow for the app to check for updates even when it is not running.