What is Xero?
Xero is a cloud-based accounting software for small businesses. It includes a range of tools that make managing your books effortless, from inventory to payroll, finances to reporting.
If you work with an accountant or bookkeeper, Xero makes it easy to collaborate with them online and get their help to manage your finances.
Xero also connects to a range of business apps, including Invoice2go, to make running your small business easier.
If you’re not already using Xero for your accounting and want to try it out, here’s your free 30 day trial.
What does this integration do?
This integration will allow Invoice2go users to automatically sync clients and invoices with Xero Accounting. Once your Invoice2go account is linked to your Xero account, each sent invoice will automatically sync with your Sales account in Xero, along with client and tax information. Users will also have the option of individually syncing invoices if that is the preferred method of reconciliation with Xero.
Please note: This integration is not currently available for Starter/Lite users. Please upgrade in order to gain access to this feature.
Not a Xero customer? Learn more here.
How do I connect Invoice2go to my Xero account?
Follow the steps below to link your account:
1. You need to be on a desktop or laptop computer to connect your Xero account with Invoice2go. You only need to do this once. After this, any time you send an invoice from any of your devices, mobile, tablet or desktop, it will be synced to your Xero account.
2. Click into Settings and tap on Connect with Xero from the menu.
- Step 1 - Choose which revenue account in Xero you’d like your invoices to be sent to.
- Here you also have the option to automatically export your invoices to Xero when they’re sent. If this is on, every invoice that you send from Invoice2go on both web and mobile will be synced to your Xero account.
- If you choose not to automatically export your invoices to Xero, you can manually export them by following the instructions here.
- Step 2 - Confirm your tax settings.
- The taxes you use in Invoice2go should match the taxes you use in Xero. If they don’t, you’ll want to update your taxes in either Invoice2go or Xero so they do match before linking your accounts. If taxes do not match, you will need to manually reconcile your invoices in Xero.
- Please note: You must check the box to confirm your taxes are correct to Complete setup.
- Step 3 - Ensure that the currency you use in Invoice2go, and the currency that you use in Xero match.
- The currency you use in Invoice2go should match the taxes you use in Xero. If they don’t, you’ll have to update your currency in either Invoice2go or Xero so they do match before you are able to link your accounts. If they do not match, your setup will be incomplete.
- Double check your set up to ensure your default revenue account, taxes, and currency have been entered properly. When you're happy, click on Complete at the top of the page. Now that you're set up, every single invoice that you send (from mobile & web) will automatically copy into your Xero account.
Please note: You can go back after completing initial setup and edit your settings at any time by navigating to Settings>Xero.
5. Once you've sent an invoice via email to your customer, log in to your Xero account and navigate to your default revenue account chosen from Step 1 by clicking the Accounts tab. Next to the section labeled Invoices, choose 'See All,' and look for the Invoice2go invoice number under the Reference column (see below)
For more information related to syncing your Xero account with Invoice2go, please reference the following Help Center articles.