What is Xero?
Xero is a cloud-based accounting software for small businesses. It includes a range of tools that make managing your books effortless, from inventory to payroll, finances to reporting.
If you work with an accountant or bookkeeper, Xero makes it easy to collaborate with them online and get their help to manage your finances.
Xero also connects to a range of business apps, including Invoice2go, to make running your small business easier.
If you’re not already using Xero for your accounting and want to try it out, here’s your free 30 day trial.
What does this integration do?
This integration will allow Invoice2go users to automatically sync clients and invoices with Xero Accounting. Once your Invoice2go account is linked to your Xero account, each sent invoice will automatically sync with your Sales account in Xero, along with client and tax information. Users will also have the option of individually syncing invoices if that is the preferred method of reconciliation with Xero.
Please note: This integration is not available for Lite users. Please upgrade in order to gain access to this feature.
How do I connect Invoice2go to my Xero account?
Please note, to integrate Xero with your account; you will need to be logged into Invoice2go on a desktop or laptop computer for the initial setup. You only need to do this once. After this, any time you send an invoice from any of your devices, mobile, tablet or desktop, it will be synced to your Xero account.
- Click on your Company name in the upper right corner
- Click on Account & settings
- Click on Connect to Xero
- Click on Connect to Xero again and you will then be redirected to the Xero log in page
- Log in with your Xero credentials, and click on Allow Access
Now that you've successfully synced your Xero account to Invoice2go, the following steps will need to be taken to complete the integration:
- Step 1- Choose which revenue account in Xero you’d like your invoices to be sent to
- Here, you also have the option to automatically export your invoices to Xero when they are sent. If this is toggled on, every invoice that you send through Invoice2go on both web and mobile will be synced to your Xero account.
- If you choose not to automatically export your invoices to Xero, you can still manually export them.
- Step 2 - Confirm your tax settings
- The taxes you use in Invoice2go should match the taxes you use in Xero. If they don’t, you’ll want to update your taxes in either Invoice2go or Xero so they do match before linking your accounts. If taxes do not match, you will need to manually reconcile your invoices in Xero.
- Please note: You must check the box to confirm your taxes are correct to Complete setup.
- Step 3 - Ensure that the currency you use in Invoice2go, and the currency that you use in Xero match
- The currency you use in Invoice2go should match the currency you use in Xero. If they don’t, you’ll have to update your currency in either Invoice2go or Xero so they do match before you are able to link your accounts. If they do not match, your setup will be incomplete.
- Step 4 - Double check your setup to ensure your default revenue account, taxes, and currency have been entered properly.
- When everything is confirmed, click on Complete at the top of the page. Now that you're set up, every single invoice that you send will automatically copy into your Xero account.
- Please note: You can go back after completing initial setup and edit your settings at any time by navigating to Account & settings>Xero.
- Step 5 - Once you've sent an invoice to your customer, log in to your Xero account and navigate to your default revenue account chosen from Step 1 by clicking the Business tab. Next, navigate to the section labeled Invoices, choose 'All,' and look for the Invoice2go invoice number under the Reference column (see below).
For more information related to syncing your Xero account with Invoice2go, please reference the following Help Center articles.