For each PayPal transaction, a fee will be deducted from the amount your customer pays you, including a percentage of the transaction plus a fixed fee.
When accepting payments with PayPal, payments fees for:
- United States start roughly at 2.90% + $0.30 USD per transaction
- Canada start roughly at 2.90% + $0.30 CAD per transaction
- Australia start roughly at 2.60% + $0.30 AUD per transaction
- United Kingdom start roughly at 3.40% + 0.30 GBP per transaction
- Spain start roughly at 2.90% + 0,35 EUR per transaction
- Germany start roughly at 2.49% + EUR 0.35 per transaction
- France start roughly at 2.90% + EUR 0.35 per transaction
- Italy start roughly at 3.40% + EUR 0.35 per transaction
- Netherlands start roughly at 3.40% + EUR 0.35 per transaction
When accepting PayPal payments from international cards, including American Express, additional international fees will apply and varies by country. Make sure to read the PayPal fees help article for a complete breakdown of all domestic and international transaction fees. Please note that PayPal collects all payment transaction fees.
If your client happens to pay you through Venmo or PayPal Credit (US Only), they will be charged the same rate as PayPal.
If you process a lot through PayPal, you may be eligible for reduced fees. Get in contact with PayPal if this applies to you.
Within your PayPal Business account, you have access to payment history, recent payments, and payment details, including each transaction fee. In the notes section for each payment, you can reference the Invoice2go invoice number.