We all know time is money. With the time tracking feature, you will be able to use a simple and accurate way to track your time straight from the app.
Now you can:
- Record when you start and stop working
- Immediately bill clients for your time (or save your time entries for later)
- Show clients you’re transparent and honest with your hours
All time entries will be saved in the Time tracking section of your account. Similar to invoices, this section will have two folders, Unbilled and Billed so you can easily see what time is still pending payment. Unbilled time entries have not been added to an invoice, and billed entries are linked to their associated invoice.
Time entries can be added to invoices by going to your Unbilled Time folder and using the Bill time entry button. Use the steps below to add your tracked time to an invoice.
iOS and Android:
- Tap on More
- Tap on Time tracking and tap open the time entry that needs to be billed
- Tap Bill time entry
- Select if you would like your time entry details included in the invoice
- Tap Bill as and choose Flat rate or Per hour to accurately bill the end-customer
- Add your hourly rate or a flat rate to your time entry
- Tap Add to invoice and the time entry will be added as an item
- Since a client has already been assigned to your time entry, the client's information will automatically populate the client section of your new invoice
- Please note that if Parts & Labor is turned on, Time will be sorted under the Labor category
- Click on Time tracking and click open the time that needs to be billed
- Click Bill time entry
- A new invoice will be created and assigned to the client. The time entry will be listed as a line item in the new document with start date & time, and any notes associated with the time entry
- From the Create tab, you can adjust your hourly rate or add a flat rate to your time entry