In addition to email, you can also send your invoices through the Invoice2go app via SMS text message, iMessage, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or any other messaging apps available on your device. This feature allows your clients to respond, view, and pay your invoices faster, while allowing you to manage your business more effectively.
You can send your documents to your clients by directly texting them through an available messaging app on your device. This action is possible from the invoice preview screen.
The following steps will walk you through how to send your invoices through text message. This feature is available for all document types, including Invoices, Estimates, Credit Memos, and Purchase Orders.
iOS and Android
- From the side navigation menu, tap on Invoices
- Open the invoice you wish to send, or create a new invoice
- If this is a new invoice, tap on the green next button to be brought to the preview & manage screen after you’ve added the invoice details
- Tap on Send
- Choose Text message if you wish to send your invoice via SMS text, or
- Choose Other to send from any other messaging app on your device
- The action box will display your device’s apps that support messaging
- Tap on the app you wish to use
- The message will pre-populate with a link to view your invoice
- After you send the message, the end client can tap on the link to pay the invoice through a secure payment portal if you have enabled online payments on your account
Users on the Standard Plan and above will be able to see the invoice messaging option on their Home screen. On the bottom of each invoice card on the home screen, you will see the option to Send the invoice to your client via email or message.
Tap on Text message to text the invoice to your client, or Other to choose from other messaging apps.