Save time invoicing right from your home screen with Invoice2go Siri shortcuts and iOS 14 widgets. These features allow you to stay up to date on your business without even opening the Invoice2go app.
What is a widget?
iOS 14 home screen widgets are designed to show dynamic data from apps right on your home screen. This allows you to see at a glance up to date data and take action right from the home screen. With Invoice2go widgets, you are now able to see a list of outstanding invoices on your device's home screen, and with the tap of a button, can be taken inside the Invoice2go app to follow up on that outstanding invoice. We’ve also added the ability to see your most recent reviews to your business profile.
How to create a widget
- On your iOS device, open to the home screen and swipe as far left as you can. This is where widgets are housed
- On the very bottom of the screen, tap on Edit
- Tap on the + sign in the top left corner
- Scroll down and tap on Invoice2go
- Choose your preferred widget size and tap + Add Widget
After you've added the Invoice2go widget, place a finger on it without lifting up. Once it's frozen, refer to the following steps,
- Tap on Edit Widget
- Tap on Outstanding Invoices
- Tap on Top reviews
The widget will now show company reviews. Tapping on one of them will take you to the reviews section of the app.
What is a Siri Shortcut?
When you have your hands busy, you are now able to talk to Apple’s Siri voice assistant to trigger shortcuts. This way, instead of having to log into the app and go to a specific section, you can ask Siri to launch it for you and she will take you directly to that section of the app.
How to enable Siri Shortcuts
- Tap on the profile icon in the top right corner of the Invoice2go app
- Below Settings, tap on Siri Shortcuts
- Choose which section you would like to create a Siri shortcut for (Invoices, Estimates, Expenses, Appointments, or Reports)
- Add your Siri phrase below, "When I say"
- For example, if you are creating a shortcut for reports, you may have your phrase be, "View Reports"
- Tap Save Shortcut
Now, when you activate Siri and say your phrase, you will be brought to that section of the app. For example, if you create a shortcut for Invoices called "Create an invoice," you can say that to Siri and she will automatically take you to the invoice creation page. You don't need to log into the app manually and go to the invoices section.
Widgets require iOS 14 or later. Siri shortcuts require iOS 12 or later.