If your customer has paid your invoice in full, you can add a payment to it by marking it as fully paid.
When marking invoices as fully paid, the status of your invoice will be set to 'Fully paid' and the invoice will be moved to the paid section of your invoice list. Additionally, a payment for the full amount of the invoice will be applied to its payment history.
iPhone, iPad and Android
1. Tap the ☰ icon at the top left to open the side navigation menu
2. Tap Invoices
3. Select the invoice you would like to add a payment to
4. Tap on Mark as fully paid
5. Tap on the payment method used to pay for the invoice, or add a new payment method if you do not see the form of payment your customer used to pay for the invoice (optional)
6. Toggle on Send receipt if you would like to send your customer a receipt for their payment
7. Tap Done in the top right corner to confirm the payment
8. Tap on Transaction history under Payment to view the invoice's payment history
If you accidentally tapped on Mark as fully paid when you did not mean to, there is no need to worry. Simply tap on Undo in the top left corner and the recorded transaction will be deleted.
1. From the side navigation menu, click on Invoices
2. Select the invoice you would like to add a payment to
3. Click on either the Preview or Send tab at the top
4. On the right side under Balance, click on Add payment
5. Toggle on Mark as fully paid
6. Enter method of payment: Cash, Check, Bank transfer, Credit card, PayPal
7. Add a note related to the payment
8. Toggle on whether or not you’d like to send a receipt to your customer for the payment
9. Click on Add payment
10. Click on View transaction history to view the invoice's payment history
- When marking invoices as fully paid from a mobile device, you are unable to change the payment date or add any payment note
- For any invoices that are fully paid off by your customer with card payments or with PayPal, Invoice2go will mark those invoices as fully paid and move them to the paid section of your invoice list