Knowing how to create an invoice is essential for managing your business. It allows you to record the business you've completed, stay organized, save time, and get paid faster.
The following steps walk you through how to create an invoice — the steps below are similar for all of your document types (estimates, purchase orders, and credit memos).
iOS and Android
- From the home screen, tap Invoices
- Tap the + symbol in the top right corner
- This will bring you to the invoice edit screen, where you can tap on each field to add details for your invoice
- Client information:
- Tap Add client, and then either select a client from your client list or add a new client by tapping on the + symbol in the top right corner
- You can also search for a client by typing their name into the bar labeled Who is this for?
- Tap Add items, and then either select an item from your item list by tapping Choose multiple at the bottom of the screen or add a new item by typing in a new item name. You can also search for a saved item by typing its name into the Item Name row
- If you would like to add an expense or time entry to your invoice, tap Add items, then Choose multiple at the bottom of the screen. Then choose from the Expenses or Time tab
- Tap Discount if you wish to add a discount, and indicate if it is a unit value or a percentage
- Payment Details:
- Under your due date, you will see the options to accept online payments
- Tap the box below payment instructions to add payment details notes such as a bank account number, or instructions on how you wish to receive payment
- Deposit Request: Below the payment details, you can add a deposit request to your invoice by adding an amount as either a percentage or fixed rate, and then tapping Save in the top right corner. Additionally, you can add this deposit request to future invoices by toggling on Add to future invoices at the bottom. Please note, online payments must be enabled to add a deposit request
- Tap the box below Other to add notes to the bottom of your document
- Tap Add photos to attach a photo to your invoice
- Tap Save in the top right corner to manually save your invoice.
Once you are done saving your invoice, tap the Next button at the bottom of the screen to be brought to the preview & manage screen.
From the preview and manage screen, you have the option to set up recurring invoices (depending on your Invoice2go plan), add a payment, print the invoice, and other options. This is also where you will send out your invoice. Tap Send and you will then choose how you would like to deliver the invoice. To preview the invoice in full-screen mode, tap the image of the invoice on the top of the screen. To go back to the edit screen, simply tap Edit in the top right corner. To exit the invoice, tap Done in the top left corner.
- Click on Invoices from the side navigation menu
- Alternatively, you can click on the Create button in the top right corner and select Invoice
- Click on Create an Invoice
- This will bring you to the invoice edit screen, where you can click on each field to add details for your invoice
- Client information:
- Click on Add a client
- Click on the line next Client name
- Either select a client from your client list that appears in the dropdown or type in a new client name
- Click on Save client
- Click on Add items
- Click into the field labeled Item name
- Either select an item from your item list that appears in the dropdown or type in a new item name
- Click on Add
- The same steps will be followed for expenses, time entries, and appointments
- Additional Details:
- Click on Add photos to attach a photo to your invoice
- Under the comments and payment instructions section, add any Comment or Payment instructions
- Click on Save and close in the top right corner to save the invoice for later, or proceed with the following steps to send the invoice
Once the invoice is ready, you can click on the Preview tab to view a preview of the completed invoice. When you are ready to send the invoice, click on Send at the top of the screen. From this page, you can enable online payments in addition to setting up payment reminders, deposit requests, or adding a payment to the invoice.
When you are ready to send the invoice, click on the Send Invoice button on the right, and your invoice will be sent out via email.